Entradas etiquetadas como Smartphone
George Colony, CEO of renowned firm Forrester Analyst, recently argued that Social is running out of hours. “Social is also running out of people” stated Colony at Paris during LeWeb Conference that took place last 7, 8 and 9th of December. According to Colony´s statements, Social Market has just touched its bottom and would be seem a saturated market where startups would not have any opportunity to beat users from main social players, I mean Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Nevertheless, he´s not held to be a good analyst by LeWeb´s panel of judges for the Startups Competition, 2nd and 3rd place winners were social networking applications niche. 2nd place winner was HeyCrowd with an application to find out what crowds around you think, and 3rd place winner was Babelverse putting people and companies that need real time translation together. They are the very essence of social networking software as a service representing a valid solution for both corporate and consumer market.
It seems a fact that people do not have any extra time for social networking. Regarding saturation, Colony´s firm found out that 86 percent of the people have adopted social networking services. It means there is no way to increase users inside social networks, in fact we are a little short of time to spend minutes interacting with our confidence circles, tweets or blogs.
Forrester´s analysis shows an example of a real saturated market for social media: certain urban areas of India or Russia are at 98 percent of saturation in terms of social networking penetration. Colony even goes beyond what his analysis unveils. “We are in a bubble for social startups,” he said. When it bursts, “this is going to sweep away some of the nonsense, like FourSquare. Startups should take a look inside Forrester´s analysis details but I do not think they should be concern that social networking has no opportunities for new good projects. There are lots of possibilities in the mobile arena, mainly when smartphone´s penetration ratio is increasing day by day worldwide. There is a true opportunity for enterprising minds even at social networking services niche. Social Media Applications overtake the saturated market and opens a wide window, facing future as a great business in the middle of the Eurozone’s financial turbulences. Time is gold in a saturated market, but mobile digital devices will be open new time slots where few years ago there would be no chance.
- Haz clic para compartir en Twitter (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Click to share on Facebook (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Hac clic para enviar por correo electrónico a un amigo (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Google+ (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Reddit (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
Archivo de entradas
Calendario de Entradas
febrero 2019 L M X J V S D « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Etiquetas"social media" adobe apple Barcelona BBM blackberry burbuja cloud Cluster comercio electrónico Congreso crisis diseño e-health economía economía de imacto. educación. empleo Emprendedor empresa facebook flash formatos digitales futuro gestión Google html5 Informes instant messenger internet internet móvil inversión Jobs kindle Lazarillo libro electrónico marketing Motorola movilidad mujer MWC12 móvil móviles música nanotecnología nube P2P networks parques patentes plataformas política product placement QNX Realidad Aumentada redes sociales RIM Smartphone smartphones smattphones social media startups superávit tabletas tecnología television twitter
- RT @WomanToSantiago: El primer ferry eléctrico del mundo está en #Noruega. Lo sabías? Nosotros no, hoy nos lo está contando @Luca_Bocci en…: 8 months ago
- Buen post + #infografia sobre el Tren del #caminodesantiago por el blog de @WomanToSantiago: womantosantiago.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/el-tre… @Renfe: 4 years ago
- Google compra Nest Labs por US$3.200 millones flip.it/mKuUp: 5 years ago
- RT @WomanToSantiago: Preparados para esperar a los Reyes Magos? Nosotros desde el #CaminodeSantiago y en un Molino womantosantiago.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/molino… h…: 5 years ago
- RT @WomanToSantiago: En casa el nene ya ha preparado la ración para los Reyes Magos!! Qué ilusión http://t.co/K3i73nUE6m: 5 years ago